Requesting a modification to an existing connection
As a connected party, you can modify or adapt your connection to the GTS gas transmission network. Requesting this modification or adaptation requires the completion the following 5 steps:
- Application form for a modification/adaptation to an existing connection
The first step is the completion of the application form by the connected party.For this reason an application form is avialable on our website. The information in the application form is used as input for a feasibility study and evaluation of the alternatives. It is therefore important that this form is completed fully and unambiguously.
- Feasibility study and evaluation of alternatives
Based on your provided information our planning department will investigate alternatives for the required modifications.
- Investment Agreement
In consultation with you, GTS will work out the project plan and investment agreement. This will include a description of the work, a cost estimate and a timetable. By signing this investment agreement and sending it back to us you instruct us to modify the existing connection.
- Building/construction of the modification/adaption of the existing connection
After instructions have been issued, we will start the building and construction of your requested modification. Please be aware, if applicable, to change your contracted capacity.
- Connection agreement
The modifications will be added to an update of the existing connection agreement/aansluitovereenkomst.
|Application form modification/adaptation connection||33 kB||27 Nov 2017|
|Change Form Business Partner details - Connected Party||149 kB||12 May 2016|
Explanatory notes on ‘Application form for a modification to an existing connection/connection point to the network of GTS’
A modification to the connection can cover various scenarios. You as connected party may want to have more capacity, or to use less, to have a different pressure, or to have the connection point relocated, or a different delivery temperature, etc. In order to be able to handle the desired modification in a proper and unambiguous manner, we have the form ‘Application form for the modification of an existing connection/connection point’. You are asked to complete this form giving details of the gas receiving station number as used by Gasunie, i.e.:
- Nxxx (North)/Wxxx(West)/Zxxx(South)
- the network point number (300xxx, see also TSC appendix 1b Exits) and
- EAN code (see TSC appendix 1b Exits)
This data (except the EAN code) you will find in the connection agreement (aansluitovereenkomst)
It is important that only those items requiring modification are filled in. For example, fill in the new coordinates for a relocation, fill in the desired new capacity where the connection point is being expanded, etc.
- Whenever there is any uncertainty about whether the modification could affect the national gas transmission network.
- Works on the gas installation connection and/or gas installation which necessitate the gas receiving station being taken out of operation.
- Capacity changes.
- The taking of cathodic protection into own management. Gasunie has to remove the connection to the national grid in that case.
If works are being done on your gas installation connection and/or gas installation and it is not possible to shut them off after the transfer point.
- As soon as possible You contact the industriedesk at email@example.com
- The industriedesk will inform the involved employeesYou will be contacted to go together throught the kind of work and the planning.
- Our Safety Department will be informed and will look into potential risks to the national gas transmission network and decides what precautionary measures must be taken.
- Our Operational Planning Department sets up a preparatory programme setting out the actions to be taken by Gasunie.
- You carry out the work and inspections that are necessary for a sound gas installation connection and gas installation. Our Safety Department assesses whether the work has been done as agreed.
- Our Safety Department releases the station to the our local expert to be put into operation.
When you want to terminate the connection you should contact the industriedesk (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your application will be confirmed within five working days.
There is no charge for terminating the connection but you do have to bear in mind the 3-month notice period. Your contractual obligations remain in force until the actual termination date.
Any contracted capacity cannot unfortunately be cancelled, except in the case of bankruptcy or business cessation, when contractual obligations arising from booked capacity are also terminated. 50% of the tariff of the remaining booking will be charged to the holder of the capacity for that.