Requesting a modification to an existing connection
As a connected party, you can modify or adapt your connection to the GTS gas transmission network. Requesting this modification or adaptation requires the completion of a number of steps: an application form, a request for offer agreement, an investment agreement and amended appendices ‘Technical Specifications’ to the connection agreement.
- Application form for a modification/adaptation to an existing connection
The first step is the completion of the application form by the connected party. That is necessary in order to get as clear as possible an impression of what you as a customer are requesting from us. We have developed an application form for this purpose. We use this application form as input when drawing up the Request for Offer Agreement (ROA). It is therefore important that this form is completed fully and unambiguously.
- Request for Offer Agreement
We draw up a so-called request for offer agreement based on the application form and sends this to the connected party. As a connected party, you can instruct us to start a study into the potential for connection by signing the request for offer agreement and paying the associated offer fee.
- Investment Agreement
As soon as we have received back this signed agreement from you, we will start a study into the potential connection. We will send you an investment agreement as a result of the request for Offer agreement. This will include a, a description of the work, a cost estimate and a timetable. If you sign this investment agreement and send it back to us you are instructing us to create the new connection.
- Building/construction of the connection point
After instructions have been issued, we will start the building and construction of your requested modification. Please be aware, if applicable, to change your contracted capacity.
- Connection agreement
Before the modified connection is brought into use, we aske you as a connected party, to sign the amended appendices “Technical Specifications” to the connection agreement/aansluitovereenkomst.
|Application form modification/adaptation connection||33 kB||27 Nov 2017|
|Change Form Business Partner details - Connected Party||149 kB||12 May 2016|
Explanatory notes on ‘Application form for a modification to an existing connection/connection point to the network of GTS’
A modification to the connection can cover various scenarios. You as connected party may want to have more capacity, or to use less, to have a different pressure, or to have the connection point relocated, or a different delivery temperature, etc. In order to be able to handle the desired modification in a proper and unambiguous manner, we have the form ‘Application form for the modification of an existing connection/connection point’. You are asked to complete this form giving details of the gas receiving station number as used by Gasunie, i.e.:
- Nxxx (North)/Wxxx(West)/Zxxx(South)
- the network point number (300xxx, see also TSC appendix 1b Exits) and
- EAN code
It is important that only those items requiring modification are filled in. For example, fill in the new coordinates for a relocation, fill in the desired new capacity where the connection point is being expanded, etc.
- Whenever there is any uncertainty about whether the modification could affect the national gas transmission network.
- Works on the gas installation connection and/or gas installation which necessitate the gas receiving station being taken out of operation.
- Capacity changes.
- The taking of cathodic protection into own management. Gasunie has to remove the connection to the national grid in that case.
If works are being done on your gas installation connection and/or gas installation and it is not possible to shut them off after the transfer point.
- You contact the contact person for Gasunie's operational activities in the area concerned. See: Contact.
- You go through the planning and the nature of the work with Gasunie's contact person.
- The local contact person informs the Safety Department.
- The Safety Department looks into potential risks to the national gas transmission network and decides what precautionary measures must be taken.
- Our Operational Planning Department sets up a preparatory programme setting out the actions to be taken by Gasunie.
- You carry out the work and inspections that are necessary for a sound gas installation connection and gas installation. Our Safety Department assesses whether the work has been done as agreed.
- Our Safety Department releases the station to the local expert to be put into operation.
To discontinue the connection to our network, please send us a request in writing by registered post. We will contact you when we receive this request.
There is no charge for terminating the connection but you do have to bear in mind the 6-month notice period. Your contractual obligations remain in force until the actual termination date.
Any contracted capacity cannot unfortunately be cancelled, except in the case of bankruptcy or business cessation, when contractual obligations arising from booked capacity are also terminated. 50% of the tariff of the remaining booking will be charged to the holder of the capacity for that.