Becoming a customer

If you want to transport gas or want to trade on the gas exchange, you need to be customer of Gasunie Transport Services (GTS). To become a customer of GTS, you must fulfill a number of requirements. For instance, you must be accredited by us, provide proof of creditworthiness, be able to communicate electronically with our systems and you to act in a prudent manner. This means you have the expertise and you exercise due care in all respects, and you also have the technical, administrative and organisational facilities required to be able to transport gas in the national grid. You act in accordance with these requirements.

On this webpage we explain everything in more detail. If you have any questions after reading the information, you can contact our Customer Desk.

There are various ways to be active in the GTS gas transport network. You can:

  • Only trade gas on the TTF, the virtual gas networkpoint;
  • Transport gas to domestic end users;
  • Transport to border points with surrounding countries;
  • Inject gas in our network as a producer;
  • Flow gas in and out of storage;
  • Deliver gas to local distribution companies.

For these various activities, different licenses are required.

An overview of our different licenses:

To become a shipper, you must first obtain a license and become a "licensed programme-responsible party" (PV in Dutch).

The different licenses are:

  • A licence: If you want to transport physical gas via feed-in points, domestic exit points, border points and gas storage, an A license is required. This license also enables you to trade on the TTF. You will be called ‘shipper’
  • B licence: If you want to supply to regional network companies,  you require a B license. This license also gives you access to all activities mentioned under the A license. You will also be called ‘shipper’.
  • C licence: If you only want to trade gas on the TTF, you need an C license. You will be called ‘trader’.

Please see our website for the exact conditions you need to meet in order to obtain a license.

If you have a connection to the national transport network and want to book your capacity directly with GTS, we call you an EWEX (AMEX in Dutch, connected party with exit capacity). For more information we refer to our webpage New Connection.


Want to become a customer?

  • If you would like to become an active  trader in the Netherlands, go to Become a trader.
  • If you would like to become a shipper  in the national gas network, go to Become a shipper.
  • If you are interested in a direct connection  to the national gas transport network or you want to change some aspect of your connection, go to New connection to apply for or change your existing connection.
  • If you already have a connection to the national gas transport network and want to book your transport  directly with , go to End user with exit capacity (EWEX)


View all frequently asked questions


  • The total time required for the communication process is very variable, being largely dependent on the extent to which the IT systems are equipped to communicate with each other. Changes may need to be made to make the protocols suitable for the communication tests. The time required is therefore very dependent on the existing infrastructure and the resources available. You could consider outsourcing the communication tests to a specialist company. Providing the required financial securities can also affect how long the process takes.

  • You can get a licence before you use our services. There is no requirement to use the licence as soon as you get it. Nor will the licence run out.

  • There are no costs associated with obtaining a licence and we will not send you a bill. Of course, you will have to bear the costs of any measures you have to take to meet the conditions for obtaining a licence.

  • No

  • As a shipper, you must have a licence A or licence B and sufficient credit margin.