Only parties licensed by GTS can use our transport services. We recommend to submit your license application well in advance of the date on which the transport service starts. 

You can apply for three types of licenses: A, B or C.

  • With a C license, you can only make use of the TTF. 
  • If you have an A license, in addition to use of the TTF, you can also transport gas after you have entered into a contract for transport capacity.
  • If you want to transport gas to a transfer point with a local gas transport network, you need a B license.

Conditions for obtaining an A licence

If you have submitted your A license application, you will be granted this license provided you meet the following  conditions:

  1. Creditworthiness: Your credit rating is adequate for your intended obligations. This means that you meet the financial security requirements appropriate for the exposure. The rules are set out in Appendix 1 of the National Network Code Gas – TSO, which can be found on the Government website. Here you can read more about creditworthiness.
  2. Electronic communication: You meet the requirements for electronic communication for nominations, entry and exit programs, the portfolio imbalance signal and balancing actions. You have performed a positive communication check with us as proof.  Here you can find more information about electronic communication and the communication check.
  3. Prudence: You have the expertise and you exercise due care in all respects, and you also have the technical, administrative and organisational facilities required to be able to transport gas in the national grid. You act in accordance with these requirements. Balancing regime. The required information we need for this you find on the Application form Licensing (page 2).

It is important to keep informed about the current tariff system and corresponding services, the Dutch Network Code Gas and the GTS Transmission Service Conditions (TSC). We operate on the assumption that you have acquainted yourself with this information before doing business with us. 
A subject that needs special attention, both for shippers and traders, is the balancing regime. We assume that all new licensed parties are sufficiently acquainted with this topic. You can read more about balancing under Balancing regime.
To explain this further, you will be invited for an introductory meeting.

We reserve the right to include all available information regarding your organization in the assessment. An external screening can also be part of the licensing process.

If a party meets the conditions to obtain a license A, B or C,  we will grant you this license which will be published on our website.

Due to the duration of the licensing process, we advise you not to conclude deals with other parties before the license has been granted.

If the duration of the licensing process exceeds a period of 180 days, the application form needs to be filled in again. This period starts from the moment you receive our “welcome email”.

Conditions for obtaining an B licence

Parties with a B license can also transport gas to a transfer point with a local network operator (LDC exit point).

  • A creditworthiness of €50,000 is reserved for OV exit contracts for parties with an LB licence.
  • You  have an EAN code, which can be applied for at EAN-Nederland.
  • You participate in electronic communication with respect to allocations. You need to perform a test to be certified for the messaging process, which is facilitated by EDSN.

Conditions for obtaining a C licence

Parties with license C can only make use of the TTF service. The requirements for an A license apply also for a C license, apart from an obligation regarding the electronic communication: parties with a C license are not obliged to implement the B2B service.

You can find the license list and list of registered TTF users below

Licence list 127 kB 21 Jan 2020
List registered TTF users 65 kB 14 Jan 2020
Application form Licensing 157 kB 05 Nov 2019
View all frequently asked questions


  • The total time required for the communication process is very variable, being largely dependent on the extent to which the IT systems are equipped to communicate with each other. Changes may need to be made to make the protocols suitable for the communication tests. The time required is therefore very dependent on the existing infrastructure and the resources available. You could consider outsourcing the communication tests to a specialist company. Providing the required financial securities can also affect how long the process takes.

  • You can get a licence before you use our services. There is no requirement to use the licence as soon as you get it. Nor will the licence run out.

  • There are no costs associated with obtaining a licence and we will not send you a bill. Of course, you will have to bear the costs of any measures you have to take to meet the conditions for obtaining a licence.

  • No