Become a shipper
Below you can read more about the possibilities we offer you as a shipper, the admission requirements, which parties are licenced as shippers and the application process to become a shipper.
Why become a shipper?
You want to start transporting gas in the national grid and therefore become a shipper. We offer you the following options for transporting gas:
- From and/or to border points with other neighbouring networks;
- To one or more end-users who are directly connected to our grid. There are more than 350 end-users that are directly connected to the national grid. See Appendix 1b of the current TSC with the industrial connection points for the current end-users;
- From a feed-in point/production point;
- From or to one of the gas storage facilities that are directly connected to our grid;
- From or to the Title Transfer Facility (this requires a TTF subscription);
- To a gas transfer point with a local distribution network
To become a shipper, you must first obtain a licence and become a "licenced programme-responsible party".
There are now more than 100 licenced shippers; the "Licence List" with all licenced parties can be found below
How to become shipper
You need to obtain an A, B or C licence to become a shipper. You can find the conditions you have to meet to obtain one of these licences. Use the Application form “Licencing” to apply for a licence. You can find this form under ‛Application Forms’. Send the form to:
Gasunie Transport Services B.V.
PO box 181
9700 AD Groningen
or e-mail it to:
The licence list with all licenced parties and parties registered on the TTF can be found below.
Licence list and parties registered on TTF.
|Licence list||74 kB||24 Apr 2019|
|List registered TTF users||55 kB||05 Mar 2019|
The total time required for the communication process is very variable, being largely dependent on the extent to which the IT systems are equipped to communicate with each other. Changes may need to be made to make the protocols suitable for the communication tests. The time required is therefore very dependent on the existing infrastructure and the resources available. You could consider outsourcing the communication tests to a specialist company. Providing the required financial securities can also affect how long the process takes.
You can get a licence before you use our services. There is no requirement to use the licence as soon as you get it. Nor will the licence run out.
There are no costs associated with obtaining a licence and we will not send you a bill. Of course, you will have to bear the costs of any measures you have to take to meet the conditions for obtaining a licence.
As a shipper, you must have a licence A or licence B and sufficient credit margin.